Patient Bill of Rights
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO
- Receive considerate and respectful care with dignity at Palms Medical Group by credentialed providers.
- Receive an explanation of your diagnosis, treatment, evaluation, and prognosis in the language or manner that you primarily use. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to you, the information is provided to person(s) designated by you the patient or to a legally authorized person.
- Be provided interpretation services, if needed.
- Refuse treatment, except as prohibited by law, and to be informed of the consequences of refusing or not complying with therapy.
- Participate in decisions involving your health care, whenever possible.
- Expect that your medical records will be kept confidential and will be released only with your written consent, or in cases of medical emergency, if you pose a significant threat of harm to yourself or others or in response to court-ordered subpoenas.
- Expect that all staff at the Palms Medical Group will respect your personal privacy.
- Know the names and positions of people who are part of your Medical Home team by official nametag and/or personal introduction with credentials.
- Ask and receive an explanation of any charges that may be made by the Palms Medical Group, even though they may be covered by insurance.
- Obtain another medical opinion prior to any procedure.
- Change provider if other qualified providers are available.
- Review any medical records created and maintained by the Palms Medical Group regarding your care and treatment.
- Decline to participate in research activities.
- Express complaints, grievances or suggestions to Palms Medical Group. This can be done by calling (352) 463-4503.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Providing accurate information about your health including use of any medications, over-the-counter products and dietary supplements as well as any allergies or sensitivities. Informing your provider about any living will, medical power of attorney, or other advance directive that could affect your care
- Asking questions if you do not understand the explanation of your diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, prognosis or any instructions.
- Following a mutually agreed-upon treatment plan and participating in your care. Providing the necessary personal information to complete your file.
- Communicating when healthcare services are received elsewhere and understanding the importance of follow-up with Palms Medical Group as your Medical Home.
- Providing a responsible adult to transport you from the office if you are unable to safely drive and remain with you as directed by your provider. .
- Accepting personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by insurance. Following rules and regulations that are posted within the
- Palms Medical Group. Respectful behavior towards your Medical Home team and other patients or visitor.
These bill of rights were Board Approved 8/15/2019